Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Get Your Teenager Talking

"Get Your Teenager Talking" by Jonathan McKee is a great book! It gives parents 180 Conversation Starters. I love how just asking one of these questions can lead to much more dialogue. I have a 13 year old and 11 year old. I think it will be perfect for them. The Conversation Starters can be adapted to fit your family and whatever ages your children are. You can always omit some questions, or add additional ones.

If you are like me, it is almost impossible to get a DETAILED answer to questions. Sometimes I long to have dialogue with my often closed-off son. I can see that these questions will be so beneficial. It is asking his OPINION on topics. If your kids are anything like mine, they won't mind giving their opinion at all. I have had to learn that it's ok for my children to have different opinions on me on world topics. I can't wait to start this book with my two tonight!

I was sent a complimentary of this book by Bethany House Publishers. I was in no way paid for this review. This review reflects my own opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment