Monday, January 27, 2014

A Sisterchick's Devotional: Take Flight

I love devotionals. It helps start my quiet time with God. I have to admit that I was not very impressed with A Sisterchick's Devotional:Take Flight authored by Robin Jones Gunn and Cindy Hannan.

I have asked myself why I was not very fond of it. It's been hard for me to pinpoint, but after much thought and deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that while the devotional is definitely full of truth, I just do not connect with the style of writing of the Sisterchick books. I love the idea behind the Sisterchick series, but I just can't connect with it.

With that being said, I think the artwork on the front cover emits a peaceful experience. I would definitely suggest this devotional to someone else, with the warning that I did not enjoy it for myself. Normally if I give a bad review, it's because I didn't enjoy because I think the idea was flawed. That is not the case in this instance.

I was given a complimentary copy of "A Sisterchick's Devotional: Take Flight" by Waterbrook Multnomah in exchange for this review. These opinions are strictly mine and I was not paid for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment