Monday, July 29, 2013

Lead Me Home

"Lead Me Home" is the first book I have read by author Stacy Hawkins Adams. The first sentence on the back page description of the book intrigued me... "Shiloh Griffin has no identity outside of her role's as pastor's wife and mom." I find this to be true in some element for so many women, including myself. We may not all be a pastor's wife, but I find that I hear this type of sentiment from many stay-at-home moms.

Shiloh has dedicated herself to her husband, four sons and church family. One day, Shiloh is presented with an opportunity to become a substitute music teacher for a local school. This unexpected opportunity began to pave the way for the plan that God had for Shiloh's life. I was able to connect with Shiloh's character because I have personally experienced how your life can change with one phone call. The important message given in this book is to follow God's leading. As God leads, FOLLOW!

I enjoyed how this book was in our modern day and time. It helps me to relate to the characters much more. It was such a blessing to see how Shiloh was human! She had so many similar thoughts and feelings like I have had. She struggled with "Jade", yet Shiloh followed God's promptings in how to interact with this lady. If Shiloh had chosen to not listen to the Holy Spirit prompting her, she would have missed out on great blessings and on the amazing ability to help another sister in Christ out.

I would definitely recommend this book. Stacy's style of writing is different than I've read before, but I found myself enjoying this book very much. I read it within 2 days. We all know that can be hard to do as busy mom's.

I received this complementary copy of "Lead Me Home" from Booksneeze and was in no way paid for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment