Sunday, July 7, 2013

Do What Jesus Did

Robby Dawkins gives personal testimony and instruction to his readers in his book "Do What Jesus Did." Robby Dawkins has been working in a mighty way for God. He has tapped into the true power that is available for us. He has become a vessel of God's love and healing to so many people.

I was hooked from the very first chapter when Robby shares of how men from a gang came into the church in a confrontational way. However, they left changed men! Not only did their lives change, but they were influential in sharing how this change was available to so many others.

I requested to review this book because it seemed to line up with a class that I was taking at church about operating in the gifts of the Spirit. I was amazed at how closely this book lined up with what I had learned at my class. It was not an accident that this book came across my path. I believe 100% that it was a God thing! He wanted me to read this book to continue to learn of how to live in His Spirit.

Robby Dawkins does a wonderful job of encouraging others to reach out to the lost. He mentions so many times that we do not have to be perfect to reach out to others; we just have to be a willing vessel. God will give Dawkins a word of knowledge about someone and Dawkins does a wonderful job of giving that word in a loving way.

I read this book while on vacation. It was so good that I started reading many parts out loud to my husband. My 12 year old daughter would see me reading and take her head phones off and listen. At one time she asked, "Mom, can you read some more from that book." It opened up a door to share with her about the love of Christ and how she can walk in the light of God's Word and be used by Him.

I cannot wait to recommend this book to others! As I was reading it, one person came to my mind over and over. I will be recommending this book to her first!

I received a complementary copy of this book from Chosen a division of Baker Publishing Group. I was not paid for this review. These views are strictly my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment