Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A Place To Belong

I was blessed to read "A Place To Belong" authored by Lauraine Snelling. Cassie Lockwood is a young woman who has seemingly lost everything. She has found a home with the Engstrom's on their ranch. Lucas Engstrom pledges to make Cassie love him. Cassie looks upon Lucas like a brother, not romantically. Many events follow that in the end lead Cassie to God's perfect will for her life.

Mavis, Lucas' mother proves to be just like a mother to Cassie. I love the way that Mavis is always remembering to ask the Lord for His guidance in all she does. The part of the book that stood out to me was how Mavis begins to praise the Lord when she has a heavy heart. I appreciate the author conveying this important act to her readers.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and loved the Biblical references included between the covers. Snelling thoughtfully and purposefully brought Christ as a big focal point in this book.

I received this complementary book from Bethany House Publishers. I was not paid for this review. These opinions are strictly my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment